Unlike other mammals, some shrews have toxic saliva used for hunting. When an animal bites, this shrews venom damages and paralyzes its prey. As a result, shrews are toxic, not toxic.
Which shrews are toxic?
There are two types, the water shrews and the water shrews. Water shrews are approximately the size of a mouse and have a unique nose that sets them apart from their non-poisonous relatives, but are often mistaken for mice.
Can a pygmy water shrews be a pet?
No, shrews do not make good pets. They are short-lived, most active at night, and have incredibly sharp little teeth. I don't want to keep it as a pet.
Can you touch the shrews?
The sharp teeth of the shrews are suitable for chewing and tearing meat. Short-tailed shrews also have toxic saliva that helps to crush them, causing painful bites in humans when improperly treated.
Do shrews carry illness?
Commonly ill shrews carry these parasites, such as black-footed mites, that convey the disease, most commonly Lyme disease, to humans. Early symptoms include reactions such as rashes and flu.